It’s 1,390 miles from Austin, Texas to Detroit, but when Austin band the Nightowls rev their musical engines, that distance disappears with the speed of sound. The band’s straight-outta-Motown vibe is in full throttle on their debut album, GOOD AS GOLD. But the Nightowls not only channel the Motor City’s classic dancin’-in-the-street beats; they build on them to create an irresistible neo-soul sound that’s all their own.
NIGHTOWLS QUICK FACTS
Hometown: Austin, Tx
Genre: Soul, R & B, Funk
New Album: Fame Sessions (Sept. 4, 2015)
Single: Get Up!, Highline
Band Size: 10 (drums, bass, keys, guitar, sax, trumpet, trombone, 1 lead vocal, 2 background vocalists)
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
"Austin soul band The Nightowls’ new record Good as Gold is a smooth, addictive blend of pop, R&B and funk that’s practically dripping with mass appeal." - THE HORN
When they were ready to record, they turned to award-winning Austin guitarist and producer Jake Langley, famed for his work with legends Roberta Flack and Bobby Blue Band. Langley helped them create a feel that’s both retro and fresh—and sounds like a journey through 50 years of R&B history, without a hint of pastiche.
Produced by Jake Langley at Led Dillo Studio
Mixed by Jake Langley & Ryan Harkrider at Public Hi-Fi
Mastered by Carl Rowatti at Trutone Mastering Lab
Distribution: iTunes, Amazon, Tunecore, Waterloo Records
Emphasis tracks: Good As Gold, You Don't Have to Worry (I'll Be There), Break My Heart Tonight, I'm Sorry Baby
"GOOD AS GOLD is a consistently enjoyable soul/pop collection of nine songs that sound a bit like the "golden oldies" without becoming lost in the retro."- BUDDY MAGAZINE
NIGHTOWLS OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO FOR "GOOD AS GOLD"
THE NIGHTOWLS named "Best Brass Band" by SonicVaultAustin in 2013
* Good As Gold album release 2014
* November 21, 2013 declared "Nightowls Day" in Austin, Tx by Mayor Lee Leffingwell
* Good As Gold music video release January 7, 2014
* Good As Gold Vinyl and 8 Track release Spring 2014
* Good As Gold B-Sides EP release Spring 2014
*You Don't Have to Worry (I'll Be There) featured on the 2014 Austin Music Compilation CD
* You Don't Have to Worry (I'll Be There) music video debut February 21, 2014
* THE NIGHTOWLS receive regular airplay on FM 91.7 KOOP Radio
* THE NIGHTOWLS play sold-out shows every Monday for Motown Monday at the One-2-One Bar in Austin, Tx
* THE NIGHTOWLS named "Best Brass Band" by SonicVaultAustin
* THE NIGHTOWLS play every Sunday for SuperSoulSunday at Icenhauers in Austin, Tx
* Notable performance include Pecan Street Festival 2013, Beer By the Bay Music Festival, Antone's, The Parish and Stubb's
Visit our PRESS PAGE for more press, reviews and band write ups.
FamE Sessions Teaser Video
Shore Fire Media
Josh Page, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebecca Shaprio, email@example.com
Tim Regan, 901.487.1182, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Nightowls, email@example.com
Hailing from all over the map geographically and musically, the Nightowls claim terrain from New England to Arizona and influences from Americana to funk. Bassist Rob Alton was trained at Berklee College of Music; other bandmates honed their skills in dive bars. Together, they push R&B’s boundaries while staying true to its horn- and harmony-laden heart—and soul.
Lead Vocals- Ryan Harkrider, Background Vocals- Ellie Carroll, Tara Williamson, Trumpet- Justin Smith, Saxophone- Jonathan McNutt, Drums- Ben Petree, Bass- Rob Alton, Guitar- Amos Traystman, Keys- OScar Interiano